Infinity Charter School is aware of unease and concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We share your concerns and are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the PA Department of Health, and the PA Department of Education for information and guidelines regarding the Coronavirus.
At this time, federal and state health authorities are not recommending procedures outside the usual suggestions to thwart the spread of illness.Weshould all take precautions to prevent illnesses from spreading. The following guidelines will assist in preventing COVID-19 and more common risks (influenza, the common cold, and gastro-intestinal bugs) from spreading:
- Keep children home from school when they are sick, and until symptom-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicines.
- Encourage frequent hand-washing with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. (Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
At Infinity, we continue to clean and sanitize high-touch areas (doorknobs, sinks, counters, water fountains, elevator buttons, etc.) on a daily basis. Teachers will also review hand-washing and the techniques listed above with students.
For more information, please visit the following websites:
We will keep you up to date with any new information we receive from the CDC or PA Department of Health. Thank you.